Monday, 16 January 2012

Jewellery Logo




I wanted to make a logo for my jewelley work and I found inspiration in industrial symbols connected with the Industrial Era, Industrial Music and Constructivism Art. I also love the Futurism and Bauhaus movements, Wiener Werkstätte, De Stijl, Art & Crafts and Art Nouveau. 
I wanted to use a similar symbol to the one I chased in my chisel box, which was taken from a poster of Test Dept, an English industrial band. This design, however, evoked symbols associated the communist party and unions and so I decided to drop the hammer. In my view, a logo must be neutral and not bear any political connotations and, being neither a communist nor even a political person, I decide to alter it a bit. I kept the gear, representing the continuous hard work of the creator, and I tried to embody a mutation or symbiosis with the first letters of my name, N and B.

No comments:

Post a Comment