Monday, 16 January 2012

Gear Dynamic






Date: 2012
Materials: Sterling Silver, Enamel, semi precious stone
Process: Hand manufactured

My first collection for 2012.

For this collection, descendant from my logo, I wanted to insert some principles of the basic shapes: circle, rectangle, square and triangle. The designs must be very simple in nature and translate a harmony as a whole. I am not a big fan of pieces full of stones. In my works I plan to employ one or a maximum two stones.
The vast blue sea is symbolized by the blue enamel. The triangle shape is for the ship sails and the red stone symbolizes the blood spilt in battles or in the deadly hard work of fishermen.






I am a great admirer of the Portuguese poet Fernando Pessoa, especially the heteronym Álvaro de Campos whose work is prodigious, enormous. Álvaro de Campos is connected with the Futurist movement and his work transmits a powerful, aggressive and dynamic energy, like a motor or gear, very appropriate for my collection. 
Also, his work talks about the sea and its ports, wharfs and docks, and is full of mechanical and dynamic movement, metals, trains, spins, ships, wheels, factories, keels, masts and sails, helms, smokestacks, propellers, hatchways, boilers, pipes and valves.

Praise the power of rising technology.

I intend to put small excerpts of his poems in the jewelley boxes.











The first piece of this collection was a present for a special girl in my live with a special jewellery box.
With a excerpt from Paul Auster “The Locked Room”, that she appreciate.


More pieces of this collection will follow.
Stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment