Materials: Copper
Process: Chased, hand made
This
was my second
work, during the
second year of the jewellery course. It was the longest and most complex and gave me most satisfaction to do. It took me about half a
year to complete it and I even had to sacrifice
achieving other
curriculum tasks.
HR+ Giger, is for me, the greatest living artist in the world. I really wanted to do one of his paintings, and transpose it into a metal plate. I knew that doing a Giger’s painting would be a difficult task but I had to try. Since the theme for the task was free I went for it. It was difficult to choose a work that I, as an apprentice, could accomplish. Choice fell on “Portrait of Barbara M. II” - Hans Rudi Giger.
HR+ Giger, is for me, the greatest living artist in the world. I really wanted to do one of his paintings, and transpose it into a metal plate. I knew that doing a Giger’s painting would be a difficult task but I had to try. Since the theme for the task was free I went for it. It was difficult to choose a work that I, as an apprentice, could accomplish. Choice fell on “Portrait of Barbara M. II” - Hans Rudi Giger.
Special thanks to my teacher Paulo Martingo without whom this project wouldn't have been possible.

No comments:
Post a Comment